Paris Hilton donates $5,000 for fan's muscular dystrophy treatment

Paris Hilton, court, 2012

Paris Hilton has reportedly donated $5,000 (3,200) to a fan.

The socialite star met Mike Oliveri in a nightclub in LA earlier this month and was so moved by his battle with muscular dystrophy that she offered him money to pay for treatment.

Oliveri posted a video message on his website after the encounter, in which he said: "I met her about a week-and-a-half ago... I just thought she was a very sweet person... We became friends and... she just sent me $5,000 and saved my life, literally."

Oliveri expressed his appreciation for Hilton's gesture and condemned the "mindless tabloids" who give Hilton bad press.

He finally added: "Words cannot express how I feel. I just want to say, Paris, I love you, thank you so much."

Watch Mike Oliveri thank Paris Hilton in his video below: