Paris Hilton treats stray pooch

Paris Hilton has splashed out on a gourmet steak for a stray dog she saw on the beach.

The hotel heiress and animal lover was dining at an exclusive restaurant while on holiday in Bali when she spotted the homeless pooch and decided to treat him to a slap up meal.

Paris posted a picture of the dog on Twitter and wrote: "Saw a starving stray dog on the beach of the restaurant. Made me so sad. So we ordered him a filet mignon, he loved it!"

The 30-year-old socialite was left heartbroken by her encounter with the dog and is now campaigning to help strays in Bali.

She tweeted: "This poor stray dog is breaking my heart. He is so sweet. I wish I could take him home with me.

"It's so important to bring awareness to what is wrong in the world. I am using my voice to speak for these animals who can't.

"The cruel treatment of these stray dogs has upset me so much that I can't sleep. I'm researching the internet to see what I can do to help."

Last year Paris bought 20 rabbits on a visit to a pet shop to stock up on treats for her various pets - including a pig and several puppies - when she learned they were destined to be fed to snakes.

The reality TV star has also been enjoying meeting the monkeys in Bali.

She tweeted: "How adorable is this monkey? I want to take him home! So much fun feeding them bananas! Too cute! I love #Bali!"