Avicii Tweaks Live Set, Talks Lenny Kravitz & Paris Hilton

With the rise of electronic dance music, it seems like everyone is a DJ these days. While music fans may be into it, the mainstream DJ community hasn't exactly embraced newcomers like Paris Hilton trying their hand behind turntables, as seen by the anti-DJ Paris tweets sent by the likes of Deadmau5 following her Brazilian Pop Music Festival debut.

In a recent interview, Avicii sugar coated things a bit more, admitting to Billboard that while he thinks everyone interested should give DJing a try, being a respected DJ really comes down to "how much time you spend on producing and DJing."

Avicii Plots Fall Tour, Including Historic Radio City Show

In regards to Hilton's hobby, the Swedish star explains that he doesn't see the point in hating on her but says that she's not someone he'd personally see live.

Avicii, who is in the midst of a headlining tour, told Billboard that he's always adding new material to his shows and has been working with a variety of artists.

"I've been doing a lot of collaborations recently and I have a lot of tracks with really fresh vocals that I just finished over the past couple of days. I'm just now starting to try them out in my sets."

While he was discrete about who he's been collaborating with, Avicii did tell us that he's been linking up with "many talented people" and that he considers that to be "the best part of the job." He was able to confirm an upcoming collaboration with Mike Posner.

The 23-year-old DJ touched on working with Lenny Kravitz for his remix of "Superlove." "He's really talented and a really cool artist. I've been a fan for a long time so I was secretly happy to be able to play around his vocals."

Avicii says he's extremely thankful to have achieved success as a DJ/producer/remixer at such a young age, explaining that he'd much rather have it happen to him now than in 20 y! ears. "I still have time to really decide what I want to do in the future." As with many DJs who are unsure of the longevity of the electronic music scene, Avicii admits that while he'd like to keep his profession music-based, he could see himself shying away from DJing down the road.

"I love DJing and producing but I'm also young. In 10 to 15 years I may be sick of DJing. I'll probably do what I'm doing for a while and then I don't know -- maybe movie scores?"