Paris Hilton documentary shelved

Paris Hilton's documentary was reportedly pulled by a US TV channel following her recent comments about homosexuals.

The hotel heiress's programme about celebrity culture, Paris Hilton Inc, was due to air on gay-focused Logo twice this week but a note sent out by the channel said that it had "been removed from the schedule".

According to the New York Post, network sources confirmed that the show was pulled in the wake of the controversy.

Paris apologised this week after she was recorded on tape claiming that gay people are "disgusting" and "most of them probably have Aids" as she sat in a New York cab with a friend.

"Ewwww... gay guys are the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have Aids... I would be so scared if I was a gay guy... you'll like die of Aids," she was overheard saying.

Paris later admitted the gaffe but insisted in a statement from her spokesperson that she was trying to express the importance of safe sex and that her comments were not a reference to "all gays".

The star also released a statement to the Gay And Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation website, accompanied by a picture of herself with the message 'No H8' on her cheek and a piece of tape over her mouth.

It read: "As anyone close to me knows, I always have been and always will be a huge supporter of the gay community. I am so sorry and so upset that I caused pain to my gay friends, fans and their families with the comments heard this morning.

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community. It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word."