Paris Hilton apologizes for homophobic comments

By Natalie Abrams,

Oddly enough, Paris Hilton and Mitt Romney have something in common!

Like the Republican presidential nominee, the Hilton heiress was also recently secretly taped-- but she wasn't talking about 47 percent of Americans. During a candid conversation, she called "gay guys... the horniest people in the world. Most of them probably have AIDS."Last Thursday, Hilton released an apology to GLAAD and the LGBT community, calling herself a "huge supporter of the gay community."

President Obama addresses Mitt Romney's "47 percent" comments

"I was having this private conversation with a friend of mine who is gay and our conversation was in no way towards the entire gay community," she wrote in an apology posted on the GLAAD website. "It is the last thing that I would ever want to do and I cannot put into words how much I wish I could take back every word.

"Gay people are the strongest and most inspiring people I know. It is so wrong when people bully or put down others for being gay. No one should have to go through that. Again, I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart and I feel absolutely horrible. I hope that everyone can accept my apology and know that it is not who I am or how I feel in any way."

What do you think of Hilton's comment?

View original Paris Hilton Apologizes for Homophobic Comments at TVGuide.com

Related Articles on TVGuide.com

Other Links From TVGuide.com

View the original article on TVGuide.com