Paris Hilton is a talented performer, says DJ Afrojack

Afrojack has praised his friend and recent collaborator Paris Hilton.

The DJ-music producer, who is working on Hilton's upcoming second album, discussed their friendship in a recent interview with Castanet.

DJ Afrojack

Rex Features / Picture Perfect

The 54th Annual Grammy Awards: Red Carpet: Paris Hilton

PA Images / Chris Pizzello/AP

"We are really good friends. It's simple," Afrojack explained. "Like people say as producers, 'You can't work with Paris Hilton, you can't work with Pitbull, they're too commercial'. But they're my friends. If a friend asks you, would you produce my album... I'm going to do it.

"She's my friend, I had the time, I was already working on my own album and I like working in a fast pace so I did some tracks on the album, and did a few tracks and helped her out with some connections with other producers and writers. She created some nice magic."

Afrojack also defended Hilton from the criticism she often gets for apparently lacking talent.

"The thing is with her... she's like one of the most talented performers I know," he said. "She may not be a Celine Dion, but she knows how to perform on stage. She knows how to sing, believe it or not.

"In the studio with her for the first time, I wasn't sure what to expect, but the girl can sing. And she loves the dance music so we made some nice music. And it was fun. That's the most import! ant thin g to have fun with the people you like."

Hilton is also working with LMFAO, Flo Rida and Snopp Dogg for her album.

Watch Paris Hilton's 'Stars Are Blind' music video below: