Olympic Runner Nick Symmonds Has Dream Date with Paris Hilton

Someone please reach over and smack some damn sense into Olympic runner Nick Symmonds.

Larry Brown Sports directs us to a NBC Olympics report on a middle-distance runner and a day date he had with famed heiress Paris Hilton.

NBC writer Joe Battaglia writes the report that tells of Symmonds being hit by Cupid's arrow and winning a date with Hilton in Los Angeles recently.

The mind spins trying to ponder how a man who dedicated his life to being an Olympian is also head over heels for Paris Hilton. I will try to manage the disconnect for the time being.

Symmonds' relays went down just before the two met over cordials in Beverly Hills.

It was kind of a whirlwind trip down to Beverly Hills. Three weeks out from the Trials, I thought that would be a much-needed quick escape. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to sit down with Paris Hilton one-on-one and get to know her a little bit better.

Paris-hilton-single-2012-e1338901045310_originalPhoto Credit: The Prophet Blog

You see, this is more of a follow-up piece because, back on June 2nd, Battaglia wrote about Symmonds, his burning affection for Hilton and how he even asked pops, Richard Hilton, if he could squire his less-than! -bashful daughter to theOlympic Trials.

Fast-forward a few weeks, and Symmonds is sitting across from Hilton with a bag of pink goodies.

423099_m03_crop_340x234Photo Credit: NBC Olympics

It seems Hilton is fond of the color, so the runner put together a nice little goodie bag that included apinkTimex Ironman watch, apackage of SnoBalls, apink bottle ofMr. Bubble bubble bathand more.

We will let Symmonds explain what went down, via NBC Olympics.

I feel privileged to have had her attention to myself for 90 minutes. On the way out, I walked her to her red Ferrari. I had to leave from there to go to LAX, but when I got home I was pleasantly surprised to find an email from her with her phone number attached.

When asked if he has had time to use said digits, Symmonds responded.

We have been texting a bit and I really hope to stay in touch with her. I really hope she is able to make it up to the Olympic Trials on Monday.

Parishiltonhotpics01_crop_650Photo Credit: Zimbio

However, the part that had me spitting my Yoo-Hoo all over my computer screen was this precious little gem.

But Ive always had this huge crush on Paris and getting to know her was a dream come true. That memory ranks right up there with making my first Olympic team. Its incredible.

There you have it. Meeting Paris Hilton ranks up there with making a team he trained his entire life for. I am not sure whether to applaud or induce vomiting to stave off an! y ill wi ll that comes from this story.

I will take the path of least resistance and wish Symmonds well, both in the Olympic Trials and in his pursuit of the hottest Hilton around.

Follow me on Twitter for a swagalicious good time.